EWM AG warrantys that its products will not contain any faults in terms of material or production. Should the product prove to be defective in this respect within the warranty period, you have the right to free repair or for your product to be replaced with an appropriate alternative, subject to our discretion. This warranty takes effect from the date of invoice. EWM reserves the right to alter the warranty conditions at any time with effect for the future.
Basis of the warranty
The prerequisite for receiving the full warranty is simply to operate the products in accordance with EWM operating instructions, observing the relevant legal recommendations and guidelines and carrying out annual maintenance work and testing conducted by an EWM partner (see separate "Maintenance and testing" documentation).
Any warranty repairs may only be carried out by an authorised EWM partner – otherwise the warranty will be invalidated.
The costs of packaging and transport to the place where the warranty is to be fulfilled have to be taken over by the customer and are not covered by the warranty.
5 years warranty for
3 years warranty for
2 years warranty for
- EWM Powershield (welding helmet)
1 year warranty for
- Automation and mechanisation components
- EWM brand products (e.g. Powercleaner)
- EWM torches
- Used machines
- Intermediate hose packages
- Remote controls
- Inverter power units
6 months warranty for
- Spare parts supplied separately (such as circuit boards, ignition units, etc.)
on all additional parts that are used by EWM, but manufactured by other companies (e.g. motors, pumps, fans, torches, etc.)
(other products on request)
In the first, second and third year, the warranty covers the free replacement of parts and working time – and in the fourth and fifth year, the material required for the repairs is also covered.
The warranty excludes non-reproducible software errors and parts subject to mechanical ageing or natural wear (e.g. wire feed unit, wire feed rollers, replacement and spare wire feed parts, workpiece leads, electrode holders, connection and extension cables, mains and control leads, plugs, replacement torches and spare torch parts, solenoid valves, wheels, coolant, etc.).
Warranty claims are invalid:
- If the EWM products have not been operated using original EWM accessories (e.g. intermediate hose package, remote control, connection cable, coolant, etc.) and/or original EWM replacement and spare parts.
- If work is carried out by persons not authorised by EWM.
- If the products are overloaded according to the power and technical data specified in the operating instructions.
- In the event of inappropriate use.
- In the event of inappropriate alterations and/or repairs.
- If the products have been partly or completely disassembled.
- For products that are damaged due to accidents, misuse, improper operation, incorrect installation, faulty or insufficient power supply, carelessness, use of force, disregard of the specifications and operating instructions, inadequate maintenance (see chapter "Maintenance and testing"), exterior influences, natural disasters or personal accidents
When making a claim under the warranty, please contact EWM or an authorised EWM partner only.
To make a guarantee claim, the original invoice must be submitted, on which the serial number of the machine can be found.
If we request it, the product must be immediately sent to us at the risk and expense of the purchaser. Replaced products become our property. The warranty period is not extended as a result of replacement or repair. The customer has no claim to loan or replacement products whilst repairs are being performed or replacements are being provided.
These terms shall apply without affecting the customer's legal rights to a warranty and are subject to our General Terms and Conditions of Business and our warranty regulations. Agreements to the contrary must be confirmed by EWM in writing.